Stay in the moment

I saw this last week and just wanted to share it.  I love when science proves right the things that we intrinsically feel to be true.  I guess some would say, "If it works, why do you need to prove it works?"  I know the placebo effect can be very real for people, but I'm a natural skeptic so it's easier for me to believe in something when there is hard data to support it.

So far my attempts to stay present are definitely having an improvement. I love the term "mind wandering" that the speaker uses.  I can't say that I'm having fewer negative thoughts, especially since it's the first week of a new quarter and I'm tired and overloaded already, but I feel like I'm spending less time focused on the negative and finding it easier to break out of the negative tape loop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2013 R.A. Holt. Powered by Blogger.